Wednesday, January 26, 2011

True Love Never Grows Old...

I'm joining Susan at "BTNOP" for another fabulous "Tablescape Thursday"! I've just returned from a great surprise birthday weekend for my Mother. All of my brothers and sisters were there. We had a great time! I love spending time with those who are closest to me.

Hubby and I are finally "home alone". All of our chicks have flown the coop and we are alone, together. I've decided to set a romantic table for two, using a few of my favorites from around the house.

I'm starting with a crisp, white tablecloth. I don't know what it is, but a white tablecloth just starts a table off right. I found a bright red runner at Home Goods a few weeks ago. Now I know I said "around the house", but sometimes.... you just gotta!!

I have had these cute blocks for awhile. Stacked on a clear glass cake plate, they drop a Valentine hint.

I started collecting Fiesta right as the Dusty Rose color was discontinued. So, a dinner for two is easy when you only have two plates that match. I am still looking for that color, and have learned that you get enough for 4 when you hear a color is being "retired". The white dessert plates came from Pier 1. I really like the lacy edge. I think that I can use these plates in alot of different ways, so you will probably be seeing them often.


While I was at Home Goods, these candy bars with vintage labels were sitting on the shelf. My mother has quite a collection of vintage cards that she inherited from her great aunt. My sister and I loved to look through them as kids. they really evoke a romantic mood. The chocolate nevers hurts, either!

Thanks to everyone who has left such sweet comments on my posts. I appreciate the words of encouragement! I feel as if I've made a whole new circle of friends. Now go up and click on the button to get back to the party!

12 comments:

  1. Sharon, I am another Fiesta collector. Your table looks so lovely. I really like how the lacy edge of the dessert plate lets the dinner plate show, too. And the vintage candy bar wrappers are just too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Valentine table. I really love those lacy plates! This is a perfect romantic table for two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful dishes. and chocolate.. how perfect.. love the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am a Fiesta collector also. I like the lacy desert plates too and the pink glasses. Very nice table for two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty table scape! I would like to invite you to link this up to my new link party, Masterpiece Monday, at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week. Take care, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of those Fiesta plates. And those lacy white ones are adorable! Very romantic and inviting. Thanks for visiting me, come back soon! I appreciate your kind comments. I agree with you, keep the ones you love close in your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hand up here as yet another Fiesta fan. I consider those dishes to be, well, joyful! You have a lovely table setting here. I love that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty Valentine table...love the glassware.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The slice of the red runner through your striped tablecloth is very effective. I' ll bet that you run across the Fiesta plates some time at an estate sale or on eBay. The blocks are darling and will surely pass an appropriate hint. Thank you for sharing your charming design and for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. So romantic. Simple but very elegant. I love the depression pink glasses and the 143 white blocks? FAB.

    Have a blessed w/end,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is just so wonderful that you would take time to set a romantic table for you and your hubby. Men really like that stuff, I think. They won't admit it in public a lot of the time, but they know deep inside they like it. Makes them feel super special. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet! Love the vintage candy bars...wish we had a Home Goods near us!

    ReplyDelete