Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love is in the Air...

Time for another "Tablescape Thursday"! I'm really excited to start with a new theme. Valentine's Day is usually not one of those times that I do alot of decorating. But last year, when I started following Susan and some of the other fabulous tables out here in blogland, The Tablescaper's romantic Valentine table inspired me. I've been looking for great things ever since! I love the color red and this week's table is really red!

I found some really cute placemats at Kohl's the other day. You really can't beat their sale prices and with a coupon, I almost felt guilty picking these up. White plates (Summer Garden from Better Homes and Gardens), goblets from Big Lots and my everyday silverware complete the place setting. The heart topiaries are from Hobby Lobby a few years ago.

The dessert plates came from Kohl's too. With the price I paid for the placemats, I could get the 4 plates, which turned out to be on sale for half off! I can just picture a yummy, gooey chocolate dessert right in the middle.

Now for the napkins. I found these at Home Goods. They were too cute to pass up. But how do you fold them? Do you put them under the silver and cover up the heart? Do you put them in the glass with the heart upside down? Any suggestions? I would love to hear from you on how you use napkins with a single design.

Once again, I'm thrilled to be here with such a great group of people. I can hardly wait to see what you're doing this week. Thanks again Susan for sponsoring this week's party. Click on the button on the right to get back to the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Love your Valentines Table, very pretty.
    Nice heart shaped placemats and really cute dessert and napkins. A fun way to celebrate!

    Happy Valentines Day, it will be here before we know it. I am starting to work on mine as well.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty table. I saw those placemats and wanted them (so badly) but hubby was along and he didn't agree. It is really best to shop alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those plates and great! I like how you've used heart-shaped plaemats, round dinner plates, and square desserts. Keeps everything jumpin'.

    The napkins are terrific. I'd leave them just the way they are - only place them on the left. (I'm old fashion.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, such a cute, CUTE Valentine table. I love Kohl's too, and I'm always amazed at what cute things they have. I love their Christmas ornaments SO much. This has got me in the mood for Valentine's day. Love the red "love" plates...

    Happy Tablescape Thursday to you...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very lovely table setting! Love your dishes and the wonderful find from Kohls!
    Hope you have a marvelous day!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, what a darling table! You found some real bargains, too! LOVE those napkins! I would fold them just as you have done and set them to the left of the forks. With plain plates, you could set them right on top of the plate, but with your decorative ones, they'd look great set to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline is right...it really IS best to shop alone! Husbands try to bring the voice of reason along for the ride, and that's not cool! ;-) Lots of love going on with your table! Those are such cool dessert plates. You are definitely ready for VDay! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful table of love you've set! The red and white is just stunning -- I can just "see" that dessert on the red plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, such cute plates and placemats! I never do much for Valentine's Day either...but blogging changes everything:)

    As for the napkins, sometimes I just pull them up from the center, wrap a piece of ribbon or use a napkin ring and put them across the top of the dinner plate. You really can do anything you want unless you are setting a very formal table.

    ReplyDelete