Monday, September 27, 2010

My Clock Story...

Thank You Marty for hosting another "Tabletop Tuesday". I've been out of the loop, so to speak, for the last few weeks. Youngest son got married, school started, and projects that needed to be finished have gotten in the way. I've still been checking out the beautiful posts you all put together each week on the various blogs that I follow. You still inspire me, and I hope to be back in the swing of things soon.
So, here's my clock story...


This shelf has been over my bed for a few years, waiting for something to call it home. I was in our local ALCO, if you have one in your area, they are kind of neat. Ours has a big home decor department. Every time I went in, I would see this clock on the shelf, look at the price tag which said "20.00" and think- "Next time, I will have extra cash."

I went in one day and knew that I had an extra twenty in my pocket, and decided to splurge. I took the clock up to the check-out and had the gal ring it up. She said, "Wow, what a deal, it's only $1.99!" Needless to say, I hurried up and paid the lady. The clock came home to my bedroom shelf. I found a few other things to put with it, a dollar store plate with our initial made by my Cricut, a dried flower arrangement that a friend gave to me, a picture, a candlestick and three little topiaries.

I think it turned out pretty good, don't you?

Thanks again Marty-you always have such beautiful things. Keep on inspiring!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that clock and can't believe you got it at that price! Maybe it was good you had to wait to get it! You've created a lovely vignette with it on your shelf.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that clock is unreal. What a wonderful find and the price is totally unreal. I love it. All of your vases for the floral arrangement and topiaries are so pretty too. The monogram plate is so pretty too. Such a lovely vignette. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shelf arrangement is so pretty, I like the swirly metal on both of your end pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet vignette. I know why you love the clock...it's absolutely beautiful. And what a great deal.

    Glad you are back!! :-D

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete