Thursday, June 17, 2010

Red,White & Blue...

Recently, my granddaughter asked me "What is my favorite day?" I instantly replied, "Thursday! I get to play with my dishes and visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and Tablescape Thursday". I've been looking forward to sharing my new finds with you. I was browsing the Homer Laughlin website a few months back and came across these cute checked plates. They are from the "American Bistro" collection. I immediately had visions of chrome diners, juicy hamburgers, and thick milkshakes! So I ordered a few of the plates. They come in several colors with a banded or checked border. I'm still looking for a few things to set a 50's table, but I've put together a summery somewhat 4th of July table.



I've started with a crisp, white tablecloth. I found a piece of fabric with red stripes and blue stars for a runner. My Cobalt and Scarlett Fiesta are layered with the opposite American Bistro salad plate. I finally dug out my wedding crystal. It's Fostoria, but I can't remember the pattern. I've always liked it, but I only have 4 goblets. White napkins tied with patriotic ribbons finish the place setting.



I found some cardboard metalic stars at Michael's and made a banner to hang on my mantel. I used the left-over ones as coasters for the goblets. The little votives came from Dollar Tree in boxes of three, all different colors.



I found the tophat at Hobby Lobby many years ago and have used as a centerpiece alot. It always looks great with whatever you put in it. My stainless is Onieda "Independance". I think the pistol-grip handles on the knives look colonial.


Many mnay thanks to Susan for hosting this party and to all of you who post each week. I've admired each of your posts and learned so much from all of you. Each of you inspire me with the beauty you create. Thanks so much!


OOPS! After publishing my post, I see that one of my pictures is sideways! As my computer skills are pretty near zero, please accept my apologies for the sore neck you will get when looking at my post.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I have been considering those American Bistro dishes, too! SO cute with the checked border! I love how you've layered it with your Fiesta, and the whole table looks so festive! Thanks for your comment -- yep, we're heading to cool Colorado in July (can't wait!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute setting, I love Fiesta! I saw those new plates on-line and this is the first time I've seen them in a setting and they look great-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely red, white, and blue! I love all of your attention to detail, and that little hat is adorable. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, I have some of my pics upside down! love the sparkly coasters. I agree, Thursdays are a lot of fun. This is only my 2nd Tablescape. I feel so happy when I am setting the table up. I did one on my father who has passed away, but I am going to leave it up so I can tell the kids about him for Father's Day. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely table! Glad I stopped by to see it! I'm a new visitor, and that was a great treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with red, white and blue! I love those checked dishes. Your centerpiece is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your red, white and blue table. Thanks for sharing your lovely table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your red, white and blues! I love Thursdays too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great patriotic table. Love that idea with the star coasters. That fits so perfect. Very creative.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete