Friday, July 15, 2011

My Own White Picket Fence...

 I've been looking at alot of things to put in my garden and flower beds lately. We have such a short summer season that I tend to focus on outdoor activities and ignore other things. It seems that alot of folks out in the blog-o-sphere are using pallets for tons of different things. So, here's what I did with mine!


I dug around in the stacks of pallets at our business until I found two that would fit my project. These ones had the slats already looking like a picket fence.

I took them apart and rearranged the slats to look "pickety". I thought that taking off one side of the pallet left more open area. I found some old white paint in the garage and went to work. My grandkids helped me and we had a great time. Most of the paint went on the pallet. As you can see, I didn't make them all look even and one of them was broken, but that didn't matter.


And ta-da! It's finished! I placed the two pallets behind the flowers in the flower bed that was looking pretty sad. I used giant tie straps to attach the pallets to the fence behind it. I dug out my gazing ball stand and got a shiny, new bright red ball and planted some annuals to give it color.


Doesn't it look great? And the best part is, I spent $15.00 for the new gazing ball and that was it!!

I'm linking up to Funky Junk Interiors for this week's "Saturday Nite Special".  Thanks for letting us share our fun and creative ideas with each other. Now get back to the party and have fun looking at everyone's unique and creative ideas!


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Idea!! Thanks for sharing it with us, and have a GREAT weekend!!
    Aledia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project! And you totally found the perfect spot!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I have 3 pallets just waiting to be used and I may just try your idea. I am your newest follower. I hope that you will stop by and visit my cottage soon.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to let you know that I have chosen your beautiful blog for the Liebster Blog Award. You can refer back to All The Pretty Dishes for more about it!

    www.alltheprettydishes@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picket fences are no longer de riguer, but they are potentially attractive additions to a property’s landscape.

    White Picket Fence

    ReplyDelete