Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring- Will You Ever Get Here??

Happy Spring Everybody!! I hope that you are enjoying your beautiful spring days. I have yet to see one!April in the Rocky Mountains is always very tricky, you never know what will happen next. We've had a mixture of almost nice and almost nasty weather. We really need some moisture soon, or we'll all blow away!
My Easter was pretty quiet. My grandkids other grandparents somhow think they should see our shared sweeties once in awhile, so they spent the day with them. They are really lucky to have two sets of grandparents so close to them.

I decided to set a table that can be used for any spring meal, not just Easter. I found this great cloth at Kohl's on sale of course! I think it will really be versatile for alot of spring or even summer occasions. I also knew that I could mix and match just about all of my Fiesta with it.

 It took me quite awhile to decide what colors to use. I tried just about every combination of colors that I had. I finally decided to use the Tangerine dinner plates, with the Lemongrass luncheon plates. Then I stacked my white, lacy plates from Pier 1 on top.
 I found some great ribbon at TaiPan Trading way back in January. I think it really finishes off the place setting.
 My bunny with the orange ribbon around his neck lets this table be used for Easter. I can take him and the salt and peppers off to have just a bright spring table. Daffodils from the grocery store always say spring and I snatched them up fast! I miss being able to have tulips and daffodils in my garden, but the deer seem to think I have set a great buffet for them and nibble them down to nothing.

I'm linking to "Tablescape Thursday" with Susan at  Between Naps on the Porch. I really enjoy seeing all of the wonderful tables you all set each week. You are all so creative and continue to inspire me. Now - let's get back to the party, click the button on the right to have more fun!

1 comment: